Alan Wainer CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), Alan Wainer Professional Corporation, Partner, Audit & Advisory
2 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 1100
Toronto, Ontario M4T 2T5, CanadaT: 1.416.964.7633
Alan Wainer is a partner in Crowe Soberman’s Audit & Advisory Group and has been with the firm since 1984. Alan is a member of the Management Committee and was the partner-in-charge of Education. Alan is also a former Human Resources Partner.
Alan subscribes to Isadore Sharp’s business philosophy, which states “Profits are regarded not as an end in itself ...but as a reward for providing true value to your customers, helping employees grow and behaving ethically as a corporate citizen.”
Clients and colleagues describe Alan as trustworthy, dependable and always looking out for their best interest. He is always willing to go the extra mile.
"Our experience over the past few years with Crowe Soberman can be best described as one where we have access to high level experts, similar to other top accounting and financial advisory firms, but with a small firm’s personal touch and hands-on support… the perfect balance," says Sylvio Deluca, Chief Executive Officer, Media City. "As for Alan, his knowledge and skills are only superseded by his kindness, honesty and integrity. He has earned my respect as a professional and is an integral extension of our company."
In 2003, Alan completed the Canadian Association of Family Enterprises (CAFÉ) Family Council Facilitator program. He and fellow partner Deborah Stern have written several articles for publication on succession planning issues.
Alan regularly contributes articles typically on Estate Planning to the firm’s quarterly newsletter, In Focus, and to the media.
Reference: 1. Sharp, I. (2009). Four Seasons: The story of a business philosophy. Toronto: Viking Press (Penguin Group) Canada.
- Graduate degree in Accounting, McGill University
- Bachelor of Commerce with Distinction (BComm) Concordia University
- Committee Member, Holocaust Centre of Toronto
- Board of Governors, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC)
- Tour for Humanity Committee Member, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC)
- Volunteer Reader, Family Centre, Children’s Library, SickKids Hospital
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Toronto