Paul Rhodes BSc, MA, ACA, CPA, CA Partner, Audit & Advisory
2 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 1100
Toronto, Ontario M4T 2T5, CanadaT: 1.416.964.7633
Paul Rhodes joined Crowe Soberman in 2001 and is a partner in the firm’s Audit & Advisory Group.
His experience spans audit and review engagements for a broad range of entities, from public companies and their Canadian subsidiaries to small owner-managed and private-equity owned entities.
The breadth of his engagements include:
- Complex financial statement audits.
- Financial reporting consulting to various preparers and auditors.
- Involvement with public shell corporations and compilation of pro-forma financial statements regarding going public transactions for inclusion in listing documents.
Paul contributes his technical skills to the firm by, for example: developing and delivering the annual IFRS update courses; providing technical assistance to partners and staff; and the development of solutions for adoption of new accounting standards.
Paul was previously a contributor to Wiley Insight IFRS and one of two Canadian members of the Global Insights panel. Wiley Insight IFRS was an online subscription service published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd. providing specific guidance on the topics that matter most, from experts across the globe.
Paul has assisted in M&A transactions by performing financial due diligence and quality of earnings reviews of target entities.
Other engagements include consulting and internal audit assignments for both for-profit and not-for-profit entities in the fields of financial accounting systems and controls and the management of risk; and for banks, on behalf of their clients. His work has touched all aspects of operations, finance, tax and financial reporting, including training client management.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics (BSc), Loughborough University
- Master of Arts in Economics (MA), Queen’s University
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario)
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales