About: Women for Women
Women for Women
Women for Women is comprised of the female professionals at Crowe Soberman and was founded in 1995 as a vehicle for providing business information, networking opportunities and financial services for women.
2016 marked our 20th anniversary providing our female professionals with an open forum to network, communicate and educate one another.
We have been fortunate to attract outstanding speakers over the years and have them share their knowledge and experiences with us at our popular networking seminars. Some of our speakers and topics have included:
- The Bata Shoe Museum: Past, Present and Future: Sonja Bata
- Balance Your Life and Increase Your Bottom Line: Linda Lundström
- Does a Woman’s Economic Independence Give Her Real Power?: A Comparative Cultural View: Gillian Gillison, University of Toronto
- A Just Pursuit: Ellie Tesher
- Deflation, Demographics and Dames: What Could They Possibly Have in Common? Patricia Croft
- Creating a Brand: Hana Zalzal, Cargo Cosmetics
- My Top Five Observations for Women in the World of Business: Dianne Buckner
- Trends in Consumerism: You Are What You Buy: Deirdre McMurdy
- The Circuitous Path to the Boardroom… and What to do When You Get There: Nancy Lockhart, CAO, Frum Development Group
- Thriving on Chaos: Victoria Sopik, President and CEO of Kids & Company
- What Was a Nice Girl Like Me Doing in Politics?: Hon. Elinor Caplan
- The Good, The Bad, and the Not So Pretty: A real look at female entrepreneurship. A panel discussion with Jane Cayley, Founder, Jane Cayley & Associates Ltd.; Cynthia Richards, President, Event Spectum Inc.; and Andrea Clair, President, Wink Intimates & Creator of the 9to5 bra
- Women MD: A Medical Discussion on women’s health and the issues that matter most. A panel discussion with Dr. Jennifer Blake, Dr. Vera Kohut, Dr. Natasha Turner and Mary-Alice Vuicic
- Prisoners in Iran, Marina Nemat
- Are You Leaning In? A panel discussion with Clare Beckton, Robin Taub, Pamela Jeffery and moderated by Kim Geddes
- Can You Do Well by Doing Good? A panel discussion with Laura Siegel, Jane Riddell, Jody Steinhauer and moderated by Melissa Shin
- 20 Years of Women for Women: What Might the Next Two Decades Look Like? A panel discussion with Anne McIlroy, Leslie Preston, Dr. Elspeth Murray and moderated by Pauline Couture.
Register for upcoming Women for Women events below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about upcoming events. Stay in touch with us year round and join the ongoing conversation on our Facebook page.
Additionally, many of our partners and staff have extensive experience with public sector and non-profit organizations from several perspectives:
- As audit practitioners, and
- As volunteers serving on various Committees and Boards within our community.
Our team members take a genuine interest in community initiatives and community involvement is an important component of our firm’s core values. Our firm is governed by a mandate to give back and endorse not-for-profit and charitable groups in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) whose objectives are aligned with our own.