Blog: Crowe Soberman Advocating for Small Business ClientsSeptember 8th, 2017
From the moment Finance Minister, Bill Morneau, announced the proposed tax reform in mid-July, Crowe Soberman’s partners have been actively advocating and championing across several mediums on behalf of our clients and Canada’s some 1.8M private corporations.
- July 19th – Crowe Soberman’s initial analysis and review of the proposals is found here.
- July 19th – Partner Aaron Schechter writes Tax Planning RIP on LinkedIn. Viral readership is now at over 120K.
- July 29th – Aaron is quoted in the Toronto Sun article, Killing the Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- August 1st – Aaron appears as a guest on AM980 to discuss the tax proposals.
- August 3rd – Partner Adam Scherer pens Coach, the Liberal Government doesn’t give a sh*t about you for LinkedIn.
- August 17th – Aaron is quoted in The Globe and Mail subscription article, How much will Morneau’s proposed tax changes cost small business? We do the math.
- August 30th – Partner Daniel Edwards provides an in-depth analysis on the true impact of the tax changes on Canadian small business and the letter is emailed directly to all Canadian MPs.
Yesterday, our firm provided a formal submission to the Department of Finance again voicing our strong opposition to many of the measures outlined in the Consultation Paper. Read the full submission here.
These proposals will have a significantly adverse impact on the majority of hardworking, entrepreneurial Canadian business owners that we have the honour of calling our clients. Crowe Soberman is committed to exhausting every means available to campaign against these proposals and advocate on your behalf.
We encourage you to join us. Contact your local MP to have your voice heard.
Specific professional advice should be obtained prior to the implementation of any suggestion contained above.