Women for Women 2018: The Art of Smart Decisions
***THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT***
Inspired by the 2018 Crowe 100 Decision-Making Index and Report, the theme of Crowe Soberman’s 24th Annual Women for Women Event is The Art of Smart Decisions.
We are honored to host three different women leaders who will be taking us through the strategies, double standards and risks involved in making smart decisions with lasting value.
- Jennifer Harper is the founder of Cheekbone Beauty Cosmetics. In addition to Cheekbone’s mission of creating a socially-conscious, made-in-Canada brand produced without animal testing, she personally strives to educate Canadians about the Residential School System and the effects it has had on families through decades of generational trauma. She is a regular speaker on to social entrepreneurship, empathy and First Nations’ history.
- Huda Idrees is the Founder and CEO of Dot Health, a real-time personal health data platform. She has been recognized amongst the Top 5 CEOs in Toronto Life, a Top 25 Women of Influence in 2017, and named Top 30 under 30 by the Bay Street Bull in 2018. With a prolific career at some of Toronto’s best known startups including Wattpad, Wave, and Wealthsimple, her latest venture is transforming the way people access and control their own health information for good.
- Sarah Juma is a serial entrepreneur and champion for diversity and inclusion. While developing StyleID, a mobile app that identifies items worn and seen on screen, she discovered a severe lack of programs, mentors and supports that took into account her unique perspective as a woman of color. In true entrepreneurial fashion, Sarah founded Innovate Inclusion to advocate for the economic success of tech talent and entrepreneurs from underrepresented communities.
- Ify Chiwetelu hosts Now or Never, heard nationally Saturdays on CBC Radio One. A Nigerian-born, former Calgarian, Ify quit a job in the energy sector to pursue her creativity. In doing so, Ify charted her own path to form a career as a stand-up comic, improv performer, and comedy writer. She was a contributing writer for season two of CBC’s hit television show, Baroness Von Sketch Show. Ify will act as the moderator for this event.
- 7.30am – Registration and networking
- 7.50am – Introductions and speakers begin
- 9.20am – Closing and prize draws
RSVP by November 9th.
Date: November 15th, 2018
Time: 7.30 am to 9.30 am
Location: The Globe and Mail Centre, 351 King Street East, #1600, Toronto ONRegister Now