Alan Wainer CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), Alan Wainer Professional Corporation, Partner, Audit & Advisory
2 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 1100
Toronto, Ontario M4T 2T5, CanadaT: 1.416.964.7633
Alan Wainer is a partner in Crowe Soberman’s Audit & Advisory Group and has been with the firm since 1984. Clients and colleagues describe Alan as trustworthy, reliable and always looking out for their best interest. He is professional with a personal touch. Alan is a former member of the Management Committee, was the partner-in-charge of Education and was a Human Resources Partner.
Alan regularly contributes articles typically on Estate Planning and Retirement Residences to the firm’s blog and to the media. Alan is a member of the Estate Planning Council of Toronto. In 2003, Alan completed the Canadian Association of Family Enterprises (CAFÉ) Family Council Facilitator program.
Alan subscribes to Isadore Sharp’s business philosophy, which states “Profits are regarded not as an end in itself ... but as a reward for providing true value to your customers, helping employees grow and behaving ethically as a corporate citizen.”1
Alan’s passion for education and his heritage has translated into the causes he is involved in outside of the office. Currently, he sits on the Holocaust Education Week (HEW) Committee. Alan is also on the Board of Governors and a member of the Tour for Humanity Committee for the Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies and is a volunteer reader in the Family Centre at SickKids Hospital.
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario)
- L’Ordre des CPA du Québec
- Canadian Association of Family Enterprise (CAFE)
- Graduate degree in Accounting, McGill University
- Bachelor of Commerce with Distinction (BComm) Concordia University
- Committee Member, Holocaust Centre of Toronto
- Board of Governors, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC)
- Tour for Humanity Committee Member, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies (FSWC)
- Volunteer Reader, Family Centre, Children’s Library, SickKids Hospital
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Toronto