Alexandra (Ali) Spinner BA, MMPA, CPA, CA, TEP Alexandra Spinner Professional Corporation, Partner, Tax
2 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 1100
Toronto, Ontario M4T 2T5, CanadaT: 1.416.964.7633
Alexandra (Ali) Spinner is a partner in the firm’s Tax Group. Ali is involved in all aspects of the firm’s domestic and international tax practices. She is also experienced in estate and trust planning, corporate reorganizations and voluntary disclosure applications. Ali specializes in complex tax matters relating to business acquisitions and divestitures, estate freezes, post-mortem tax planning, tax due diligence, and corporate and estate tax returns.
With 19 years of experience in public accounting and tax, Ali provides invaluable insight and expertise to each client scenario. She supports clients in their business planning and day-to-day decision-making. What Ali enjoys most is creating quality relationships with clients.
Ali is a past lecturer in the Commerce Program at the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management, CPA Canada’s In-Depth Tax Program, and the School of Accountancy Tax Program administered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario.
In 2016, Ali was named a winner of the prestigious M&A Advisor Emerging Leaders Award (Top 40 Under 40). In 2015, Ali was the recipient of CPA Ontario and the Institute for Management & Innovation at the University of Toronto’s Alumni Award.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Toronto
- Master of Management and Professional Accounting (MMPA), Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario)
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Co-chair, Lawyer and Accountant Division of the UJA 2018/2019 Annual Campaign
- Ambassador, Women’s Leadership Council - CPA Canada
- Member, The Estate Planning Council of Toronto
- Member, Board of Directors of Personal Tax and Estate Planning Journal, Federated Press (Thomson Reuters)
- Member, Board of Directors of Temple Sinai Congregation of Toronto
- Member, Professional Advisors Council of the SickKids Foundation
- Member, Professional Advisory Group of the Baycrest Foundation
- Member, Professional Advisory Committee of the Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto
- Member, CPA Centre for Accounting Innovation Research Advisory Committee
- Editor of Giving Advice, a semi-annual newsletter regarding philanthropic matters published by the Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto