Daniel Edwards MA, CPA, CA, CBV, CFE, CFF Daniel M. Edwards Professional Corporation, Consultant
2 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 1100
Toronto, Ontario M4T 2T5, CanadaT: 1.416.964.7633
Daniel Edwards is a consultant in Crowe Soberman’s Valuations | Forensics | Litigation Group. Daniel is a Chartered Professional Accountant who has been designated as a specialist in Investigative and Forensic Accounting, as well as a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is also a Chartered Business Valuator.
Daniel has 25 years of experience in quantification of losses or payments in insurance or litigation claims. Prior to joining the firm, Daniel was a partner performing similar work at a major international accounting firm.
Daniel develops and supervises members of the Valuations | Forensics | Litigation team in the development of expert witness reports for use in insurance or litigation claims. He works closely with lawyers, insurers and business managers. Daniel has expertise in a broad range of matters, including business or personal claims for lost earnings, major property losses; commercial disputes, employee fraud, and statutory accident benefit claims.
Since 2002 (other than 1 year when the university did not offer the program), Daniel has taught (online) in loss quantification courses within the Diploma of Investigative and Forensic Accounting program at the University of Toronto. Daniel is part of a team who are assisting in the design of course content for the Master of Forensic Accounting program, being offered by University of Toronto commencing in 2017.
Daniel has testified as an expert witness in various forums on over 50 occasions. Furthermore, his writing has been featured in various professional publications. He has been published by The Advocates Society, The Bottom Line and Report on Business Magazine.
- Master of Arts in Mathematics (MA), Cambridge University
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario)
- The Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV)
- The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Member and Lay Volunteer, Beth Tikvah Synagogue
- Member Budget and Finance Committee, Beth Tikvah Synagogue