Jim Muccilli MBA, CPA, CA, CBV, CFE, ASA, CFF Jim Muccilli Professional Corporation, Partner, V | F | L
2 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 1100
Toronto, Ontario M4T 2T5, CanadaT: 1.416.964.7633
Jim Muccilli is a partner in the Valuations | Forensics | Litigation Group at Crowe Soberman. Jim joined the firm in 2010, and was formerly a sole practitioner. He consults on matters involving economic loss assessment, business valuation and forensic accounting.
Jim has qualified as an expert witness in Federal and Provincial Courts, and has testified at Arbitration and Mediation Hearings before the Ontario Municipal Board and Ontario Insurance Commission. Jim has practical experience assisting in resolving financial disputes, preparing expert reports for trials and preparing business valuations for a variety of purposes. He also performs critical analysis and commentary of reports prepared by other specialists.
Jim applies his expertise to shareholder disputes; purchase/sale transactions, Family Law Act matters, income tax and financial reporting compliance, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
Jim’s practice is broader than many of his peers. In areas of business valuation, loss quantification or forensic investigations, the breadth of his direct experiences allow him to provide advice on most financial matters from a practical rather than ‘textbook’ perspective.
Jim has lectured on topics relating to economic losses, business valuations and, accounting principles and practices to various professional organizations, insurance companies and law firms. Jim has also co-authored a how-to-book entitled, Understanding Accounting - The Lawyers’ Guide and has published a number of articles.
Outside of the office, Jim has been active in a number of organizations, including the past vice president of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners’ Toronto Chapter.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), York University
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), York University
- Alliance for Excellence in Investigative and Forensic Accounting
- American Society of Appraisers
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators
- Examiners - Life Member
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
- The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario)
- National Association of Certified Fraud
- AICPA Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) Section