Services: Indirect Tax
Indirect taxes are increasingly important in Canada. Most transactions are affected. Every contract concluded, and invoice produced or received, may result in potential exposure or overpayment of tax if not properly managed. Getting it right can save your business money, while getting it wrong can be very costly to your bottom line.
Crowe Soberman’s indirect tax specialists assist clients in Canada, the United States and around the world, from all types of industries, in complying with their Canadian indirect tax obligations and minimizing risks in identifying any available opportunities.
Key services provided by our indirect tax specialists:
- Completing tax returns and other tax forms
- Tax audits and objections
- Compliance consulting
- Educating/assisting foreign businesses in expanding to Canada
- Submissions to the voluntary disclosure programs
- Preparation of requests for letters of interpretations and rulings from the tax authorities
- Review of internal procedures to identify risk areas and planning opportunities as well as strategies and effective processes to implement solutions
- Due diligence
Our areas of expertise include:
- Development and operation of real estate, including student and seniors' residences
- Manufacturing and retail industry
- Electronic commerce and intangibles
- Health care services
- Non-profit organization and charities
For more information, download our indirect tax brochure here or review our recent thought leadership below.